Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Institute and the People who Make it Possible

The last 14 weeks have been an amazing experience! I had the wonderful experience of attending the "Jesus Christ and the Everlasting Gospel" institute class at church. I was able to get together with a group of young single adults once a week and talk about Jesus Christ's life and ministry here on earth, as well as his second coming. There was such an incredible spirit there, and it was worth sacrificing my free time once a week.

A group of us after an amazing institute class!
Institute is an incredible program! I really don't think there is anything else like it. getting young people to come together to discuss religion and a variety of spiritual topics does not seem like a very popular idea. But there always seen to be a lot of people driving a fair distance to attend. This past week we had 25 students in our little class!

While we are there, we are able to learn from each other and grow together. We also find ourselves in deep discussions about different principles of the gospel. The spirit is always there testifying of the things we learn. It has been fantastic watching testimonies grow over the past few weeks; including mine.

I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to participate in this program, and for the inspiration that had to be received to start it. However, none of this would be possible without certain people involved. So let's take a few minutes to talk about the Budgett's!

Elder and Sister Budgett are currently here in Toronto serving as CES missionaries for the church. They spend their time teaching institute classes four days a week to a bunch of crazy YSA. This is a calling that requires large amounts of preparation and patience. Luckily for us, the Budgett's are absolutely amazing! Actually though, I want to be them when I grow up.

The Budgett's are smart, patient, kind, caring, determined, and have such strong testimonies that they always want to share. The thing that makes the Budgett's so special to us is the pure love they have for each member of their class; they have become our family. They take the time to listen to us, and support us in the decisions we make. All they really want is to see us remain faithful, and happy in our lives.

Rich, L. (2010). Institute
Homepage [online image] ldsmediatalk.com
These wonderful people have been such an incredible example to me. I hope that one day I can be as loving, faithful, and wonderful as they are. I want to be able to share my love and testimony as they do. I look forward to getting to know them over the next year as they continue serving their mission, and following their example.

I plan on continuing to follow the council given to me many times by making institute a priority. I also plan on continuing to grow and learn through this program as well as through my wonderful leaders in the church. I love the gospel, and know with all my heart that it is true. I am so grateful for the education programs that the church has put in place and the influence that it has in my life. I hope and pray that it is beneficial for others the way it has benefited me.

Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment